Do crooked teeth have you hiding your smile during photo ops? Are you avoiding straightening your teeth because metal braces are just too clunky for your lifestyle? Invisalign clear aligners may be just what you need to get your smile in shape and have you beaming with pride again!
What Is Invisalign?
Unlike traditional braces, the Invisalign system doesn’t use bars, brackets, or wires. It uses a series of clear trays to gently and gradually shift your teeth into more ideal positions. Because they’re clear, people don’t even need to know you’re straightening your teeth. And because there are no wires and brackets, you don’t have the scratching and cutting of your cheeks and gums that is typically associated with metal braces. Many adults find that Invisalign is a much better fit for their needs and lifestyle, and the system still gives them that picture-perfect smile they want.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Smooth aligners are comfortable to wear
- Can brush and floss teeth as normal
- No food or drink restrictions
- Fewer visits to our office compared to traditional braces
- Remove them to eat, drink, brush, and floss
- Come into our office for a consultation and impressions. At this appointment, we’ll also go over your smile goals and show you a computer-rendered model of what your teeth can look like after treatment.
- Once your first set of trays is ready, come back into our office for a fitting and instructions.
- Wear the set of trays for about 2 weeks. You can take them out when you eat or drink, and when you brush your teeth. But make sure you’re wearing the trays for about 22 hours a day total.
- Visit our office to get your next sets of trays. This visit also serves as a check-in to make sure things are progressing as they should. We’ll make adjustments to your tray schedule as needed.
- Work your way through each set of trays until you make it to your final set.
- Once you’re through your treatment plan, make sure you continue to wear the retainer we give you to ensure your teeth don’t move back to their old positions.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign Treatment?
Many adults with mild to moderate gaps, overbites, underbites, crowding, and other spacing issues are all candidates for Invisalign treatment. We’re happy to meet with you to discuss your concerns and let you know if the treatment is right for you. Worried about the cost of Invisalign? Speak with one of our friendly team members so we can find a financial arrangement that works for your budget.
At Shore Smiles Dental, we want you to have a smile you can’t wait to show off. Visit us for a free Invisalign consultation and let us help you start down the road to straighter, healthier teeth. Contact us today to learn more.